Tuesday 14 August 2012

Happy holiday / bonnes vacances!

With the holiday season in full swing I thought I'd share with you some photos from a super dooper stay in Brittany last week. If you're reading this while on yours, hope you're having a good one!


This is what we woke up to each morning, aaaahhh...


                 
Every few days I picked fresh flowers from the garden...



And some herbs too...



 While I picked flowers and herbs, Frenchie went fishing and caught our dinner.            Yumyum or miam miam as the French say.



We ate rather a lot of crepes too, well it would be rude not too, when in Brittany...



We had some great days out; Dinan, Rennes, St.Malo - where we saw this lovely street display (particularly fitting for Frenchie and me - we met under an umbrella!)


     
I also did a little bit of work on Love Lucy Illustration while I was away. In here!! My summer studio...


And I'll show you what I painted in there soon...

In France 'la rentree'  is deeply fixed in the culture, meaning to go back to normal life after the holidays. For some this brings with it a sense of dread. Not for Love Lucy Illustration! 

Our little holiday in Brittany filled me with inspiration and now I'm ready to get BUSY!! 

Love Lucy x





2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy! I do follow you on FB! I love your illustrations the the colors you use make me smile!

    I do love your Christmas card you have currently shared with us!

    May I ask, what kind of fish are in the picture and how did you eat them?

    Have a beautiful Wednesday tomorrow!
    Regards, Paula McElrath
    From California USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paula, thank you for your kind words! The fish in the picture are mackerel - we ate them pan fried with salad and new potatoes,mmmm, and they were very good. Apparently they're super healthy too(omega3) which is a bonus. Have a good day and please pop back soon. Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete